Building on a heritage of innovation and pioneering firsts, Nevion is a leader in media transport - from the camera to the home. A result of two Norwegian industry-leading companies - Nevion and T-VIPS - coming together in late 2012, Nevion's approach to innovation is driving the convergence of broadcast, IT and telecoms technologies.
Through long-term strategic relationships with partners and customers, Nevion delivers content for major sporting and live TV events worldwide. Some of the world's largest media networks are built on Nevion technologies - including AT&T, Arqiva, BBC, BT, CCTV, EBU, TDF, Telefonica, Telenor and NASA.
Nevion fully manages all network types - from legacy infrastructure upgrades to entirely new digital systems - with intelligence, automation and security built-in, helping customers monetize content, save resources, and open doors to new revenue streams.
At Nevion we develop cutting edge media transport solutions and we are looking for a talented and motivated embedded software developer to join our team.
As an embedded SW developer at Nevion, you will join a team providing broadcasters and service providers around the globe with world-class products for media transport over any type of network.
You will be part of a team developing products for high speed communication and signal processing on Nevion' custom developed hardware. You will be working with the latest audio/video, networking and computing technologies.
You will work in an Agile/Scrum team environment where you will be involved in all aspects of development of our products; analysis, design, implementation, testing and introduction to production.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent knowledge of embedded software development, strong programming skills and knowledge of broadcast technologies.
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience in C/C++
- Interest in real-time software development
- Understanding of CPU architectures
- Enthusiasm about new technology
- Be self-motivated and self-directed
- Be personally dedicated to excellence
- Enjoy working in a close-knit team
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience with firmware/software co-design
- Knowledge of different broadcast communication interfaces and protocols (DVB, MPEG, JPEG2000)
- Experience with multithreaded designs and parallelization of algorithms
- Familiar with Linux kernel, driver and userland development
- Familiar with digital video and audio standards and respective processing
- Knowledge of IP networking (Layer 2 and 3 networking, multicast, routing protocols)
- Knowledge of Ruby and Flash/ActionScript
- Master of Science (or equivalent) degree in Electronics, Computer Science or similar
- Graduates with excellent results are encouraged to apply
Send your resume, application and any further questions to email@example.com