Reporting to the Site Manager, the Aquaculture Technician will live on-site 8 days in, and 6 days out. You will be responsible for monitoring fish health, feeding fish and operation of compressors, feeders and other farm equipment.
You will use your training & experience to apply concepts of fish growth and stock management, and your proficient computer skills in records management.
- Familiarity with fish handling procedures (i.e. grading, splits)
- Applying government regulations, Standard Operating Procedures and lockout procedures, WorkSafe & biosecurity rules
- Valid certificates for First Aid 1, WHMIS, forklift operator, boat operator and Med A3 are an advantage
Qualifications and Skills:
- Training in Aquaculture, Aquatic Resources or Fisheries Resources Management or equivalent years of recent related experience
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Good verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Physically fit
- Favourable driver’s licence
Visit Grieg Seafood to find out how to apply to this and other positions.