Topside and Process Facilities is one of the departments in DNV’s region Technical Advisory Ship and Offshore, and has approximately 120 employees located in Bergen and Stavanger. We offer a wide range of technical advisory services primarily to the offshore market.
We have two units/groups of Cranes and Lifting Operations, one located in Stavanger and one in Bergen, all together close to 30 skilled and dedicated resources, serving local, national and international projects and clients.
The Cranes and Lifting Operations groups are offering various and interesting working tasks related to enterprise of crane competence, certification, risk based verification, notified body services and advisory/consulting. Our customers are mainly operators (oil companies), rig owners, manufacturers and suppliers to the offshore industry.
The employees have background from different engineering disciplines (e.g. structure, mechanical, machinery, electro, hydraulic, control systems, etc.) working with a broad specter of challenges related to design, operation and modification of cranes and other lifting appliances.
During many years we have been actively involved in development of standards for lifting appliances, such as NORSOK and CEN standards, thereby contributing to shaping the future design of lifting appliances and ensuring safe lifting operations. Today there is work ongoing to develop a new Recommended Practice for cranes and lifting appliances intended for subsea lifting operations worldwide.
|Reference no.: 1866579949 Deadline for application: 15.09.2013 Apply for position
|Lars Andreas Kverneland
||Head of Section
||+47 901 81 424
||+47 402 40 435
| Job description
- Being involved with the topic lifting appliances and operations implies a varied and interesting work environment, both in DNV office and offshore. This together with possibilities to take time off as a result of offshore work is highly appreciated by the employees. Applicants should therefore both have desire and ability to travel short periods offshore from time to time
- Organizational skills and ability to set and adjust priorities and meet deadlines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to cooperate well
- Solution oriented
- Ability to work independently, take initiatives and drive processes
- Interested in an open dialogue with clients and colleagues to understand their needs
- Rosenberggata 99,
- We seek engineers and senior engineers (M.Sc. or B.Sc.) who can document good knowledge and experience from one of the following areas/disciplines:
-Hydraulic – and/or electro technical systems
-Structural calculations and analyses
- Experience from survey/inspection/field work and project management is also appreciated
- Previous knowledge from cranes and lifting appliances is considered positive, but if you are looking for new opportunities and have a relevant background, you are welcome to apply
- Good command of English- and preferably Norwegian both spoken and written
- To work with highly competent colleagues and to share technical knowledge and experience
- To become part of a company with more than 11 000 employees worldwide
- To have possibilities to grow and develop your competencies and ambitions within DNV
- To learn from multidiscipline projects
- A good working environment, both professional and social
To apply to this or other positions with DNV, please visit their website here.