FMC Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:FTI) is a leading global provider of technology solutions for the energy industry. Named by FORTUNE® Magazine as the World's Most Admired Oil and Gas Equipment, Service Company in 2012, the Company has approximately 18,400 employees and operates 30 production facilities in 16 countries. FMC Technologies designs, manufactures and services technologically sophisticated systems and products such as subsea production and processing systems, surface wellhead systems, high pressure fluid control equipment, measurement solutions, and marine loading systems for the oil and gas industry.
FMC Technologies` Customer Support organization is located with head office in Ågotnes. In total almost 1200 employees are tied to our Customer Support activities.
CS Maintenance Services deliver all maintenance and associated workshop activities to our Customer Support projects. We are located in Ågotnes, Kristiansund and in Florø, with a total of approximately 280 employees. Our workshop activities lies within a broad area of competencies and tasks, such as hydraulic and electrical testing, mobilization/demobilization and installation of Subsea production systems. The Customer Support organization in Ågotnes is expanding, and our maintenance and workshop organization is in rapid growth
Moving towards 2014 we are expanding the project scope within Subsea overhaul activities. This involves building brand new workshop facilities in Ågotnes, increasing our workshop floor areas to the total of approx. 14 000m2, including a brand new workshop for automatic and manual welding and CNC machining.
We are looking for a Senior Workshop Supervisor to take on the overall responsibility for the new welding and machining workshop department. The Senior WS Supervisor will also be responsible for dedicated personnel.
• Overall responsible for HSE and Quality within the dedicated facilities/departments
• Overall responsible for workshop personnel within the dedicated facilities/departments
• Responsible for budget within dedicated cost center
• Overall responsible for activity in dedicated department, both welding and machining activities
• Administrative responsibility and authority for dedicated departments
• Signature and approval authority according to matrix
• Continuously strive to meet customer (project) milestones and budgets, in correspondence with quality requirements in scope of work, contract requirements and FMC specifications
• Ensure optimal workshop quality and efficiency within given area of responsibility
• Responsible for providing necessary training of workshop personnel within dedicated department
• Report HSE and quality issues to Workshop Portfolio Manager CS according to procedure
• Organize and prepare workshop activity in a safe and sufficient matter
• Ensure quality standards and report quality deviation through QN system
• Ensure that necessary resources (personnel, equipment and tooling) are available to secure results in accordance to project milestones, schedules and plans
• Evaluate and report required manning of workshop personnel in accordance with workshop forecast and workshop activity
• Cooperate with relevant support functions to secure that resources (personnel, workshop area, equipment and tools) are prioritized optimally according to project assignments and tasks
• Ensure that workshop areas are included in safety inspections (vernerunde)
• Make sure that all relevant work instructions are well known to dedicated workshop personnel
• Ensure necessary training of workshop personnel within dedicated department
• Continuously work to endorse a clean and tidy workshop
• Together with WS Supervisor follow up employee sick leave in accordance to procedure
• Approve overtime and vacation planning in accordance to government and company regulations
• Apprentice Diploma within CNC Machining and additional technical education (e.g. bachelor). Relevant work experience may compensate for lack of formal education
• 5 years of workshop experience is preferred
• CNC machining experience is a requirement
• Automatic Welding experience is preferred
• Workshop leadership experience is preferred
• Excellent leadership skills
• Fluent in English both oral and written
• Good computer skills
• Service minded, tidy and responsible behavior
• A confident and mature mindset
• Excellent communication skills
For further information and questions, please contact:
Terje Hellesen, Workshop Allocation Manager, ph: 56154466/93016739 or
Atle Fjeldstad, Senior Technical Support, ph: 56153221/9301 6771
Written application to be submitted within 22.09.2013.
Please apply online at www.careers.fmctechnologies.com.