FMC Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:FTI) is a leading global provider of technology solutions for the energy industry. Named by FORTUNE® Magazine as the World's Most Admired Oil and Gas Equipment, Service Company in 2012, the Company has approximately 18,400 employees and operates 30 production facilities in 16 countries. FMC Technologies designs, manufactures and services technologically sophisticated systems and products such as subsea production and processing systems, surface wellhead systems, high pressure fluid control equipment, measurement solutions, and marine loading systems for the oil and gas industry.
- Well Access Systems (WAS) is a relatively young and rapidly growing product line. With its products and systems WAS is a key enabler for growth in FMC Technologies’ subsea services business.
- WAS consists of the product groups Intervention and Work Over Control Systems, Well Integrity Products, Riser & Rig Interface Products and Structural Well Integrity, and the product line has life cycle responsibility for all the systems the oil companies require for entering into a subsea well. Typical products are IWOCS, umbilicals, riser, rig products, EDP, LRP/WCP, SLS, XT adapters, and component and global analysis.
- A key focus area in WAS is further strengthening of human capacity through talent management, in particular training in technical areas and leadership.
- We are facing new and exciting challenges and the structural analysis department in the Well Access Systems (WAS) are looking to recruit engineers. The department has the responsibility for conducting all analysis of all systems and equipment in the Well Access and Well Completions portfolio. It also drives the development of riser monitoring systems allowing direct measurement of structural loads during operations. With more than 50 dedicated analysts in Kongsberg, Asker and St. Petersburg the structural analysis department is one of the leading riser analysis environments globally.
Dynamic analysis and fatigue assessment of various riser and wellhead systems.
Finite element analysis of components in relations to development of new systems or equipment.
Establishment of operation limitations for operation of FMC equipment on semi-submersible rigs.
Design, development and testing of integrity management and analysis software.
- Master science degree or higher.
- Subsea experience is preferred.
- Ability to work systematically and independently.
- Creativity, willingness to learn and to be a part of a large team.
- Good knowledge of linear and non-linear finite element analysis.
- Experience with slender marine constructions or fatigue is an advantage.
- Experience with programming / software development is preferred.
- We are looking for engineers with master degree or higher, with experience from analytic work on marine loading, riser systems, fatigue and/or general structural analysis. Candidates with in-depth knowledge of maine technology will be preferred.
- We can offer participation in all stages of delivery projects. The work is performed in a group focused on developing the analytic technology, in close relationship with major operators in most areas of the world. Communication and co-operation with clients is a part of the job. For the analysis work we mainly use commercial software Abaqus and Ansys, but other relevant analytic tools and software, including in-house software, are also used.
- We can also offer you an informal and stimulating work environment with challenging and independent work tasks. You will be given all the training needed through our training programs and through a mentor program, where you will be assigned a mentor that will follow you as long as it is wanted. We offer to work in an environment that takes personal development serious, and that have strong international connections as well as close connections to most major oil companies and specialist companies. We can offer a competitive salary and good possibilities for technical career development.
For further information, please contact Asbjørn Stålesen, tel. (+47) 3270 8409 or Jostein Harm, Hr dept. tel (+47) 32702194.
Please apply online on FMC intranet or www.fmctechnologies.com/Careers within 22.09.2013