OFFICE MANAGER (CODE 1054) KAVLI INSTITUTE FOR SYSTEMS NEUROSCIENCE, THE FACULTY OF MEDICINE
Would you like to work with one of the most prominent research groups in the world? In the Kavli Institute for Systems Neuroscience & the Centre for Neural Computation at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU, we have an opening as an office manager. The Centre for Neural Computation is a recently established Centre of Excellence funded for 10 years by the Norwegian Research Council. We offer an international and multidisciplinary environment in which creativity and scientific discourse is valued and stimulated. Through our widespread network of international collaborations, unique career possibilities are offered. See http://www.ntnu.no/cbm/ for detailed information. The office manager reports to the center's scientific director and is part of the center's management team. In addition, the office manager participates in a network with other administrative managers at the Faculty of Medicine. By delegation of the scientific director, the office manager is head of administrative and technical staff at the center. Furthermore, the office manager has access to additional resources in finance, HR and infrastructure, and other resources at the faculty administration. The administrative resources at the faculty administration are disposed in close collaboration with section managers at the Faculty.
- An opportunity to work within a knowledge organization at top international level, in collaboration with researchers and students.
- The opportunity to support researchers to deliver exciting and important results on an international level.
- A good work environment.
- Skilled and motivated colleagues.
Main areas of responsibility:
The office manager is responsible for the administrative and technical staff at the center, including delegated tasks from the center's scientific director. The office manager is expected to have an overview of the center's activities and obligations and contribute to strategic development. The office manager will also participate in and coordinate tasks within the field of HR, HSE, economy, education, research, infrastructure and communication.
Work tasks include amongst others:
Qualifications: Applicants must have:
- Have an overview of the center's total activity including budget disposal
- Support the center's scientific director within the center's total activity and contribute to adequate management in accordance to existing strategies, plans and regulations. Coordination and delegation of administrative tasks that require close cooperation with the Faculty.
- Compile tools and routines enabling good and effective administrative and technical support of the center's primary activity.
- Handle internal and external matters, and ensure that decisions of the center management team are put into effect.
- Contribute to promoting cooperation with relevant external partners.
Applicants should also have:
- A Master's degree or equivalent. Relevant experience may compensate the lack of formal education.
- Relevant experience (more than four years) from an administrative position.
- Very good language skills in Norwegian and English, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of public administration and regulations.
- Management experience from a similar enterprise.
We are looking for a confident and motivated office manager with good cooperative skills and an eye for good management support.
The office manager must be able to motivate others and engage involvement in employees.
She or he must also be able to handle high work pressure and complex tasks in a flexible and solution-oriented manner.
We are seeking someone who is independent and takes initiatives in finding solutions.
We will emphasize motivation and personal suitability for the position.
Employment is subject to the conditions for public officials, and the appointee must accept possible changes in the workspace. The position as office manager (code 1054), will be remunerated by scale, at present 45-85 in the national salary scale, NOK 372 500 - 846 100 per year.
Normally the position will be remunerated within range 60-66, NOK 480 700-538 000, depending on qualifications and seniority. From this 2% is deducted in the state pension.
Applications marked DMF 105-11 must be sent electronically via the application database www.jobbnorge.no within the deadline of 1st of September 2013. Relevant certificates and testimonials have to be attached electronically. Certified copies of certificates will be required from candidates invited to an interview.
Further information about the position can be obtained from: Adviser Iuliana Hussein: firstname.lastname@example.org
telephone: 735 98 242 Head of HR-Section Albert Verhagen:email@example.com
telephone: 918 97 713 For information concerning the application process, please contact HR-consultant Mariann Hansen:firstname.lastname@example.org
telephone: 482 80 634 Please note that under the Norwegian Civil Service Act, information about applicants may be made public even though the applicant has requested not to be included on the list of applicants.