|Job ID #: 10897
|Job category: Technical/Engineering
|Position type: Employee
||Department: 160615-ENG, Oslo - Electrical systems (160)
|Experience required: 5 - 7 Years
|Education required: Bachelors Degree
Aker Solutions provides oilfield products, systems and services for customers in the oil and gas industry world-wide. The company's knowledge and technologies span from reservoir to production and through the life of a field. Aker Solutions brings together engineering and technologies for oil and gas drilling, field development and production. The company employs approximately 25 000 people in more than 30 countries. They apply the knowledge and create and use technologies that deliver their customers' solutions.
We are looking for individuals who are prepared to take a position. Not only a position within Aker Solutions, but also a position on the exciting challenges the global oil and gas industry faces now and in the future
The Electrical Systems Department within the engineering team consists of 35 highly qualified engineers with specialist competence in electrical system- and area design in field development projects. We contribute in all phases of the projects, from Front End studies to Detail design, Fabrication support and Commissioning, all in close cooperation with clients, other engineering disciplines, vendors and fabrication sites
Responsibilities and tasks
• Technical procurement of electrical packages i.e. Specify technical- and documentation requirements, approval of supplier documentation and follow up delivery of electrical equipment such as high voltage switchboards, 690/400V distributions boards, UPS systems, transformers, variable speed drives, generator, compressor etc.
• Preparation of Electrical Basis of design, control and protection philosophy, Prepare power management system specification and interface with ICS, prepare black start philosophy. Power supply philosophy and description covering main, essential power including load shedding, emergency and UPS power system
• Preparation of drawings, specifications and data sheet
• Coordination of electrical design and towards other disciplines.
• Participate in studies and concept development
• Provide technical support to construction and commissioning.
• Input and use of technical registers. ( COMOS, MIPS, Client systems, etc. )
Qualifications & personal attributes
• Master degree MSc - electrical engineering
• Bachelor degree BSc electrical engineering
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Good analytic skills
• Good communication skills both written and orally
• Minimum 5 year of experience from project work and preferable experience from projects within oil and gas.
• Cross cultural attitude and ability to work across locations.
• Pro-active, ability to take initiative and be flexible
• Good cooperation skills, ability to work in team across the world
• Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
• Focus on delivering result and meeting customer expectations
• Keep focused during high pressure
•Friendly colleagues in an industry with a bright future
•An environment where you are encouraged to develop your skills and share your knowledge with your colleagues
•Competitive benefits and strong focus on work-life balance
Department Manager Erik Næss Andersen
Tel: +47 67 59 56 83
For more information about this and other positions from Aker Solutions, please visit their website here.