We are currently looking for a dedicated Field Service Engineer ready for an exciting challenge. The position is located in Kristiansand, Norway, but extensive travelling is expected. You will gain experience from working with world leading products for transmission and visualization of real time drilling- and well data in the largest high-tech corporation in Norway.
As Field Service Engineer, you will acquire knowledge from whole process from planning to delivery in close collaboration with your international KONGSBERG colleagues. Our customers are world leaders within the oil & gas industry, and by working with us you will need excellent interpersonal relations skills. You will spend a large amount of your time at our customers’ locations being a professional and highly skilled representative of Kongsberg Oil & Gas Technologies.
In order to succeed you need to work independently with full responsibility of your own projects and customers, with a skilled and including team to lean on. For the right candidate, the position will offer great opportunities for development and training within a wide range of areas from project management to technical.
Tasks and responsibility
- Participate through the whole project process from planning to delivery
- Install and configure our products at customer sites
- Train and support users of our systems
- Travel internationally to support KONGSBERG’s customers on-shore and off-shore as well as office locations
- Bachelor degree in Data Technology, Petroleum Technology or equivalent
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent English skills, written and oral
- Experience from Windows server administration and network communication
- Experience from databases, SQL and Oracle is considered beneficial
- Experience from the oil & gas industry is considered beneficial
- Independent and responsible
- Solution oriented and able to make good decisions on your own
- Flexible and patient
- Eager to travel with work
- Positive and clear communication style
- Opportunity for exciting international experiences
- Challenging tasks in a growing global company
- Enthusiastic and positive colleagues with collaboration and success as focus areas
- Personal and professional development
Extensive travelling is required. Applications will be handled on an ongoing basis.