Opera Software's TV & Devices business unit is the market leader in providing browsers, app stores and more recently, advertising solutions to Smart TVs, Blu-ray players, streaming/OTT devices, set-top boxes and game consoles. We have deployed our products on devices from over 60 OEMs including Sony, Samsung, Philips, Motorola, Cisco, Sagemcom, Toshiba, Sharp, Vestel and Ericsson. In 2012, we estimate over 25M connected TV devices shipped with an Opera product.
As more and more living room devices become connected, this exciting industry changes shape each year. Lately, with the increased consumer demand for OTT in the household, and availability of varied prime content from leading consumer brands, Pay-TV Operator ecosystems are beginning to converge with retail initiatives. With its market-ready and proven HTML-5 product portfolio ranging from browsers to app stores to OTTmonetization solutions, Opera is well positioned to address these Pay TV Operator needs and capture this burgeoning market.
We seek an experienced and well-networked Sales and Business Development person to join us in expanding our product presence amongst European Pay TV Operators (Cable, Satellite, Terrestrial and IPTV).
- Participate in trade shows and other relevant industry events to expand our network.
- Secure Pay TV Operator wins by identifying & developing opportunities, responding to RFIs and RFQs, collaborating with key influencers, and finally negotiating and closing revenue generating deals with the appropriate commercial entity.
- Manage key relationships within each Pay TV operator ecosystem which could span internal stakeholders (R&D, Engineering, CTO, Sales and Biz Dev, Marketing), external stakeholders (standards bodies and software partners) and external suppliers (STBs, MW).
- Foster key relationships with senior decision makers and top management within these Operators and their wider supplier network.
- Collaborate with Opera's internal organization spanning Sales & Marketing, Product Management and Engineering (Product Development and Delivery teams), to deliver signed projects to customers, and further enhance our product roadmap for your region.
- Excellent track record in Sales & Business Development within the European Pay TV operator industry, with experience in negotiating deals for a global organization
- Familiarity with the complex embedded software for TV ecosystem spanning silicon vendors, set-top box providers, middleware providers, software suppliers and pay TV operators
- Strong ability to communicate externally and internally at all levels of the organization
- Ability to maintain or facilitate a good level of technical dialogue between R&D organizations/customer engineering teams/CTO offices, standard groups and our organization
- Understanding of web technologies and its use in middleware environments is a plus
- Outstanding network in the Pay TV operator ecosystem
- At least 7-10 years of experience, with availability to travel extensively within the region
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online.