Opera Software's TV & Devices business unit is the market leader in providing browsers, app stores and advertising solutions to Smart TVs, Blu-ray players, streaming/OTT devices and set-top boxes. We have deployed our products on devices from over 60 OEMs including Sony, Samsung, Philips, Toshiba, Sharp, Vestel, Ericsson and Sagemcom. In 2012, we estimate over 25M connected TV devices shipped with an Opera product.
As more and more devices become connected, this exciting industry changes shape each year. Lately, with the increased adoption of HTML5 for TV apps, Opera has experienced unmatched growth due to the high demand for its market-ready products. But, we'd like to grow even faster by increasing our visibility while addressing key market trends. We offer a challenging, ever-changing environment that fosters creativity and rewards excellence.
- Organize periodic customer-feedback sessions.
- Increase the overall visibility of Opera's brand in the TV industry (retail and pay-TV).
- Create, with the help of Opera's design team, collateral around product launches, organize special promotional campaigns and periodically update webpages to support the business unit's goals.
- Organize Opera's market positioning at relevant industry trade shows worldwide.
- Collaborate with product managers and product development teams to better describe and promote Opera's TV product to the market, increasing awareness and instituting thought leadership.
- Plan and execute joint-marketing activities with customers and partners around trade shows and ad-hoc events.
- Coordinate marketing campaigns towards specific consumer brands across a wide range of industries (from fashion to sports), inspiring them to embrace Smart TV platforms through Opera's innovative product reach.
- Identify and manage appropriate channels of communication (e.g., web, social media, etc.) to achieve the desired visibility.
- Develop, together with Opera's Communications team, a network of journalists and analysts that is continuously engaged in our story and announcements. In some cases, you should be prepared to be Opera's spokesperson.
- Conduct market research periodically to validate our product positioning or identify new market demand.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Marketing
- 6-10 years' experience in a marketing and communications role, with proven success through similar activities, as mentioned above
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills with engineers and technical partners
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with and motivate a sales team
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentational
- Self-motivated, initiative taking and quality-driven
- Multilingualism strongly preferred
- Passionate about new internet technologies, especially within the TV sector
- Must be willing to travel frequently globally
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online.