To strengthen our Projects department we are looking for an Engineering Manager. The Engineering Manager works across the Delivery Teams and has an overall responsibility for management of technical aspects and progress within specific projects.
Key tasks will include:
- Prepare, plan and monitor all engineering activities across Delivery Teams
- Initiate and monitor Level 5 planning of engineering tasks
- Monitor quality and progress of all engineering works
- Organize and follow up project design reviews
- Organize and maintain project interface registers
- Management of change
- Liaise with third party Certification Authority and Clients
- Ensure due completion of project final documentation
- Secure lessons learned and experience transfer
- Report to Project Manager and act as Project Manager in Project Managers absence
The Engineering Manager will have close cooperation with all Delivery Teams/departments and will also have direct contact with Certification Authority and Clients. Some travelling will be required.
Qualifications and skills:
We are looking for a positive and committed candidate with multidiscipline experience and interest. The ability to motivate people and to gain results through others is key.
A Bachelor or a Master degree in addition to a strong technical background is required. You should have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience including knowledge of Certification Authorities and regulation relevant for offshore installations. Experience from FPSO and Turret/Mooring projects, or similar offshore projects, is an advantage.
National Oilwell Varco can offer:
Interesting and demanding assignments in an international environment with excellent opportunities for professional development. The company enjoys an informal working atmosphere, characterized by openness and personal responsibility.
For more information about this and other positions available, please visit the National Oilwell Varco website.