We are seeking a mechanical engineer to design equipment for Anchor Handling Ship. The position involves responsibility for mechanical design and sizing and fitting of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic components in collaboration with other disciplines. Preparation of tenders for equipment in close cooperation with our sales department. Furthermore, you get the opportunity to build a solid expertise in complex products by working together with highly skilled and experienced engineers in an established environment.
Responsibilities will primarily be:
- Mechanical design of products within its remit.
- Prepare technical documentation for the sales department.
- Preparation of manufacturing drawings and technical documentation.
- Preparation / coordination of technical documents for procurement and production.
- Monitoring of suppliers.
- Assist the equipment responsible, sales meetings and handover to the project and after the technical documentation.
- Coordinate internal disciplines within their product range.
- Drive and coordinate development within its product range.
- Keep up to date on legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in project meeting internally / externally.
- Final inspection and testing of equipment at suppliers.
Qualifications and skills:
We want to link to us upbeat and motivated employees with good ability to work both independently and with others. We are looking for engineers and civil engineers with experience, preferably with relevant hardware or ship related work experience. It assumes that you have expertise in mechanical engineering, experience with 3D CAD tools, preferably Inventor, as well as excellent technical and practical understanding. We are looking for someone who is organized, quality conscious and who are motivated to work in a fast paced environment. It is expected excellent communication skills both written and oral, both in Norwegian and English. Relevant experience can compensate for lack of education.
National Oilwell Varco, we offer interesting and challenging work in an internationally established engineering environment with excellent opportunities for professional development. We have a young and informal environment of trust and openness with good conditions and exciting career opportunities.
For more information, please visit the National Oilwell Varco website.