Location: Oslo, Norway, no
Opera Software is focused in providing the best internet experience on any device. The Business Development /Product Partnerships team is focused on developing partnerships with key internet and content companies to enhance our products, reach and monetization across the desktop and mobile platforms.
As a Strategic Partner Manager, you will play a key role in influencing the development, enhancement and optimization of Opera's core products. The Business Development/Product Partnerships team, through management of Opera's most strategic relationships, enables and supports the development of new initiatives in cooperation with Product Development, Opera's partners and other internal commercial teams. You will work side by side with Product Development to define partnership product plans that support and enhance product needs and roadmaps. You will also be responsible for managing, negotiating and leading high-impact strategic deals.
In this specific role, Strategic Partner Manager for Content and Media, you will be responsible for developing and managing content-acquisition initiatives for content and media. You will be required either to negotiate and execute on deals end-to-end or to coordinate and support regional business development colleagues in closing deals.
This role requires strong product vision and a passion for content that will enable you to provide internal and external excitement about our Discover feature, resulting in key decisions and deals that will help enhance it.
The Discover feature is a new enhancement for our browser products. It involves a content recommendation engine, and it will be your key role to drive the content and media partnerships that will ensure the content quality, licensing of the content and the ability to monetize traffic.
External relationships for this role include media companies and groups, media aggregators, newspapers, videos and image providers, magazines, social networks and other content, and content discovery or aggregation companies. Internal relationships include the Business Development/Product Partnerships team, Directors, the Advertising sales group, Senior Management, local Sales and Business Development teams, the Product Development team, Finance and Legal.
- Develop, execute and manage strategic content partnerships and content licensing agreements for the Discover feature.
- Define and execute on partnership strategies and go-to-market plans globally.
- Work with internalteams and external partners to drive innovative solutions for Opera's content-partner strategy.
- Comfort with managing multiple projects with tight deadlines and a sense of urgency.
- Background in the media industry.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to travel frequently.
- Excellent English skills, written and spoken.
- B.A. or B.S. degree.
- Experience and understanding of the content-and-media partnership and/or licensing ecosystem.
- Strong persuasion, prioritization and relationship building skills, as well as comfort with influenc-ing partners and co-workers at all levels within an organization.
- Passion for content discovery and recommendations.
- 4 years of directly-applicable deal/account-management experience, and a solid understanding of relevant partnership business models.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online.