Location: Oslo, Norway, no
Opera Software is hiring four talented summer interns to work in a team dedicated to improving the automated test system.
If you are a programming wizard, interested in spending a wonderful summer in Norway while working on an exciting product and making friends from all over the world, you may be just the person we're looking for.
As an internship developer on our infrastructure team, you will be involved with the development of a large-scale, distributed, cross-platform testing framework, ensuring that it meets the growing testing needs for all of Opera's products. The system is an essential tool for ensuring that we continue to develop high quality software, and the ability to run tests in a fast, reliable manner is a critical component of our development process.
Real-time exciting projects, a casual and friendly environment, free lunches by the lake and hundreds of smart colleagues from around the world are just a few of the many things you will enjoy at Opera.
Wait no longer, send us your CV and code samples today!
- Optimize performance in order to keep up with the growing demand for testing.
- Identify new requirements for testing and work across team and department boundaries to specify and implement solutions.
- Support users of the infrastructure across multiple departments within Opera (Desktop, Mobile, TV, etc.).
- Develop the server side of our distributed test infrastructure.
Knowledge of several of the following:
- Python or a similar language
- Pyramid or a similar web framework
- HTML + CSS
- Interest in working on browsers
- Enthusiasm for software testing
- Good working knowledge of English, written and spoken
Ideals (one or more)
- Familiarity with git or a similar DVCS
- Comfortable in a Linux environment
Send us your CV and cover letter, detailing your technical skills and experience. Please ensure that you indicate your availability and attach code samples or links to your work.
Code samples are crucial for the screening for this position and can be in any language you prefer. Please attach also an brief explanation of the project the sample is from, its purpose and why you consider it to be good.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online.