Kongsberg Maritime AS delivers automation and Instrumentation to ships and offshore vessels through our world-wide organization. We are now bringing our maritime and offshore knowledge base into the renewable energy segment by establishing a new department within ?Wind Farm Management? in Trondheim. The main target for this development is to reduce the cost of the energy produced from the wind farm.
We are building a group of enthusiastic and resourceful individuals who want to contribute building the future technical solutions within the sustainable energy segment. Areas of interest are wind farm automation and control systems including sensors and instrumentation, condition monitoring, condition based maintenance, wind field CFD modeling and near casting of meteorological parameters. We are now seeking to expand our group with a person with special interest and responsibility for wind forecasting.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Lead the work of development of a new wind/power production forecast tools
- Develop a service for wind power forecasting
- Contribute on design, test and verification of KONGSBERG?s Wind Farm Management system
- Minimum five years of relevant professional experience
- Fluid/Wind dynamics modeling competence
- Competence within estimation/data assimilation, statistical methods and/or neural networks
- Meteorology/wind modeling competence
- Cybernetics competence
- Software development
Education and skills:
- Engineering degree, PhD, MSc or equivalent in meteorology, cybernetics, physics or mathematics
- Fluent English
- Team oriented
- Quality conscious, service minded and creative
We can offer:
- Diversified and challenging tasks in a strong knowledge based international environment
- Competitive terms of employment
Working location will be Trondheim and a certain amount of travelling must be expected.