Summer Trainee Technology Program 2013
Do you want to spend your summer focusing on relevant technology issues which is part of FMC Technologies’ future? Practice real engineering in a creative environment? Use your competence, network and creativity?
FMC Technologies presents the 2013 Summer Trainee Technology Program:
A Subsea Autonomous Production System, also applicable for the Arctic
We would like Master students to apply for our Summer Project 2013!
The work will be organized as a self governed project. The students will have dedicated tasks, but in addition also help each other when necessary. On top; they will co-operate on a common group assignment. The project group will develop a project plan and identify important milestones for work. Progress meetings with mentors and specialists will be held every week. A collective presentation is required at the end of the program.
During the summer, students will go through training to familiarize with subsea and FMC Technologies. Working language is English. This means that all documents and presentations will be produced in English. In meetings and discussions, English speaking people will be present.
We are currently looking for 11 students within different branches of technology who can demonstrate good progress and good results from their studies. You will work as one team and have dedicated mentors from FMC Technologies technical environment.
The Summer Project 2013 holds the following challenging positions:
Project management (1 x student)
- Plan and lead the “system design group task”
- Follow up the individual tasks with the aim to create synergies and efficient use of competence and network
- Competence: Project management in combination with relevant engineering (e.g. Subsea, Petroleum)
Process design (2 x students)
- Conceptual design of subsea combustion process – pressurised using hydrocarbon, hydrogen/air, oxygen
- Conceptual design of water injection system using cold water for injection into aquifer or low pressure reservoir with the aim of reducing pump power consumption
- Competence: Petroleum engineering, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, chemical engineering
Riser and buoy technology for ice (2 x students)
- Conceptual design of ice breaking buoy connected to subsea production system with riser
- Global analysis of ice breaking buoy system (riser)
- Competence: Mechanical design/3D modelling/FEA analysis
Autonomous battery technology (2 x students)
- Conceptual design of sea water battery + installation with AUV (3D modelling and animation)
- “Materials design” of battery; cathodic protection, integration with power distribution system
- Competence: Mechanical design/3D modelling/materials engineering
Electro and power technology (1 x student)
- Stability analysis of subsea autonomous (isolated) power grid with MW capacity
- Design of power system using seawater battery and thermoelectric elements (kW capacity)
- Competence: Electrical engineering
Autonomous system model (2 x students)
- Autonomy concept model for a safety critical valve (well stream barrier)
- Autonomy concept model for a complete X-mas tree system
- Competence: Cybernetics, subsea engineering , reliability, condition monitoring
Business development (1 x student)
- Make an economic model for the system
- Demonstrate the influence of autonomy
- Propose strategy for funding of long term R&D (beyond 10 years)
- Competence: Business development, contracts, economy
System design (group task)
- Use system engineering methods to define requirements
- With basis in STTP 2012 field design proposal, integrate and expand field scenario with STTP 2013 concepts and technologies.
You can apply for the summer project if you have finished the third year of your studies this summer.
We kick off with an obligatory start June 10th. The project runs for ten weeks. The summer project is carried out at FMC Technologies office location in Kongsberg.