Manager Product Development and Standardization
In order to being able to manage the increasing work load from an extending product range and the global responsibility, MPS Core Components – Connections is looking for a Manager to manage the product development and standardization group within the product engineering group.
FMC Technologies is the world’s largest supplier of systems and equipment for subsea oil and gas production. The demand for our systems is increasing, and we are seeking the sharpest minds to take our game-changing technology even further. We challenge what’s possible. Every day.
MPS Core Components is a global group under FMC's global Manifold and Pipeline Systems (MPS) product line. The group is responsible for business management, engineering and delivery of Connectors, Manifold Valves, Subsea Chokes and Engineered Pipe and Fittings. The team has operations in Norway, USA, Singapore and Brazil.
The MPS CC Connections department is responsible for product strategy, development, qualification, standardization and delivery of all Connection System components, including Metal Seals and Tools, globally within FMC Technologies.
In order to cover product development from concept through design and ordering prototypes the person we are looking for, will take responsibility for a group of designers, specialist engineers, structural analysts, and project engineers. Leading people on an everyday basis will be a central task. Relevant project management experience is required and a good technical knowledge would be of benefit. The person must be structured, proactive and willing to take responsibility
- Manage the overall development and qualification scope
- Assign resources to the development and qualification projects
- Provide input to ResPlan and manage capacity accordingly
- Establish and maintain working routines in accordance with FMC's processes
- Keep focus on and secure an environment for creativity and generation of new ideas
- Consistently lead employees to understand business goals and create energy and action toward those goals. Encourage and empower others to achieve.
- Manage personnel capacity and competence development
Qualifications and personal qualities required:
- MSc. in engineering or equivalent
- 3-5 years experience related to product development and project management
- Analytical and systematic personality
- Good written and oral English skills
We can offer:
- Interesting work assignments in an inspiring and international environment, which is one of the world leaders in its field
- Potential for personal and professional development for result orientated, skilled employees.
- An informal and stimulating working environment with a high technical standard
- Competitive terms with good pension and insurance schemes
The position reports to the Global Product Engineering Manager.