R&D Engineer, Electronics Design
ABB Robotics develops and manufactures industrial robots with factories in Sweden and China and has global development centers in Norway, Sweden, China and India. The development centre in Bryne, Norway has the main responsibility for development and maintenance of paint robots and process equipment together with a new generation robotics for outdoor applications. The development centre represents a unique multidisciplinary environment for development of advanced mechatronics. Today we are 50 persons with departments for software, electronics and mechanics. We now have an open position as R&D engineer Hardware. We are looking for an engineer who enjoys working in a development environment with high ambitions and a high technical level.
The main task is to develop and maintain electronics to our robot control system and to our Integrated Process Systems. The task may include a digital and analog circuit design, design of power supplies and Ex solutions. The work is done in close cooperation with both the process equipment team and the embedded software team.
We are now recruiting for an R&D engineer who has a master/bachelor degree and experience in several of the following areas.
- General electronics hardware design.
- Analog and digital circuit design.
- Embedded design
- Power design.
- Ex barrier design
- Product design & Production documentation.
In addition the candidate should have the ability to:
- Identify and create new solutions and products.
- Follow products throughout concept, design, test/validation and productification.
- Deliver result as planned
- Multitask effectively and work in a dynamic environment.
- Share your knowledge and utilize the knowledge within the multidisciplinary team.
- Work structured and independently.
- Work in a global team.
- Build and utilize internal and external networks.
We can offer:
- Technical and personal challenges in a positive and innovative environment
- Various and challenging work-task in an international environment
- Flexible working time with balance between office work and travelling world wide
- Enthusiastic colleagues who are eager to share their knowledge with you
- Employee Benefits (cabins and favorable employee agreements)
The position is located in Bryne