Contracts Engineer/Contracts Manager
On behalf of a leading company within the oil- and gas industry, we are looking for a Contracts Engineer/Contracts Manager .
The job holder is responsible for providing commercial support within a multi discipline subsea project, sharing responsibility with the Commercial Manager for the contractual and financial delivery of the project in accordance with the execution and financial plan. The job holder key focus areas will be Variation Order Management, creation of Variation Order Requests and provide commercial interface between the internal business units, functions (engineering, finance, planning, sourcing, legal, EPC), client and the management team on all project commercial matters.
- Assure governance of the Gorgon Project contracting and procurement through compliance and assurance with Company procedures
- Obtain and collect the necessary documentation to assure appropriate Customer approvals are achieved including contracts changes, variations and amendments. Ensure information is understood and disseminated to the project team. Maintain the project variation control system and assist managing negotiations in line with contract requirements
- Ensure compliance with the project specific contractual administration requirements and ensure Gorgon Contract specific deliverables are being maintained and provided to Customer accurately and in a timely manner. This involves liaison with EPC team and local finance regarding monthly reporting.
- Develop and distribute required contracting and procurement reports for the Gorgon Project; Project Status Reports including cost reimbursable tracker, order tracker, value of work done (VOWD), expenditures against contract value, extensions, executed change orders and renewals.
- Monitor and improve timing and effectiveness of contract specific deliverables and assist with the coordination and effective communications both within the Project and externally with EPC assuring timely approvals are obtained as required
- Identify commercial risks are communicated across the project scopes via the project review and reporting process.
- Co-ordinate and support periodic client and internal reporting and performance presentations
- Support the formulation and negotiation of project contractual variation order requests, claims and counter claims.
- Support the handover process to the base organisation at project completion
- Deputise for the Gorgon MCS Project - Commercial Manager as required
Hands on contract management experience, VOR management and creation of variation orders, commercially, financially and contractually aware
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Technical, or other relevant legal, project, commercial, energy related degree.
- Contract management experience in an oil and gas capital construction project environment
- Proven track record in contributing to the improvement of project profitability, cash flow and control of commercial risk in previous roles.
- Commercially, financially and contractually aware with good communication, inter-personal and negotiation skills.
- Work at a detail level