Subsea engineer Bergen
A series of new oil discoveries from the Arctic to the North Sea has given the entire oil industry renewed optimism, and shows that Norway still has the capacity to deliver world-class discoveries. Statoil's Development and Production Norway (DPN) is responsible for ensuring safe and efficient operations and maximizing the potential of the Norwegian continental shelf. Since 1998, Statoil has been rated the employer of choice among technical talents in Norway, and people development is a priority within the company. To start in a new company is exciting, but can also be challenging. At Statoil we take pride in ensuring that all our new colleagues get off to a good start.
The subsea operations business unit is responsible for daily operations and monitoring of subsea facilities and subsea pipelines on the Norwegian shelf. Statoil currently has about 500 subsea wells.
We wish to strengthen our sectors with several subsea engineers who will primarily work with operations, inspection, repair, base activity and maintenance related to our subsea facilities and pipelines. We are therefore looking for more new employees for permanent positions in our company.
We have vacant positions in Bergen.
- Contribute to the daily operation and monitoring of subsea facilities in Statoil
- Assist in troubleshooting and repair of facilities
- Contribute towards subsea projects, both modification projects and new subsea developments
- Plan and follow up subsea operations offshore on vessels or installations
- Secure good communication with internal customers within the company, as well as with our contractors
- Secure transfer of experience within Statoil and relevant networks
- Engineer or civil engineer
- Good system understanding and knowledge of the subsea facilities are desirable
- In addition, experience and expertise in one or more of the following areas are preferred: subsea manifolds and valves, Christmas trees and associated systems, subsea control systems, subsea structures / structures, marine operations, pipelines
- More than three years of experience is desirable. Graduate engineers / civil engineers with relevant disciplines will also be considered
- Make sure you come into consideration: Attach copies of certificates, diplomas and transcripts (in English or Norwegian or another Scandinavian language) - applications without these attachments will not be evaluated. Are you in the process of completing an education? Upload an official temporary printing, showing grades and what subjects you have completed so far
- Our values are to be courageous, open, hands-on and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Statoil. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team
- Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process
- We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Statoil wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture