Senior engineer piping/static mechanic - Stavanger
Statoil is an international energy company with operations in 37 countries. Building on 40 years of experience from oil and gas production on the Norwegian continental shelf, we are committed to accommodating the world's energy needs in a responsible manner, applying technology and creating innovative business solutions. Statoil is headquartered in Norway with 21,000 employees worldwide, and is listed on the New York and Oslo stock exchanges.
Development and Production Norway (DPN) will capture the full potential and ensure maximum value creation on the Norwegian continental shelf. We will therefore drive the opening of new acreage while maturing IOR and exploration prospects. Speed of delivery and cost improvements through standardisation and the repeated use of proven solutions will be key here. DPN will continue to be a preferred employer, within the Norwegian business community and among students, and will continue to develop our people in the best possible way.
The modifications business unit under operation south (OS MOD) forms parts of the business area Development and Production Norway. We are responsible for representing the asset owner in the modification projects on Statfjord, Snorre and Sleipner/Draupner/(Gudrun), and we mainly execute our projects through M&M (maintenance and modifications) contracts. Our responsibility also includes portfolio management and technical support.
The technical support sector in OS MOD is responsible for quality assurance in our projects in accordance with requirements from both Statoil and the government.
We are a strong team consisting of dedicated and experienced engineers who work together on challenging and exciting tasks. We have fun at work!
- Create scope of work for study and modification projects in collaboration with other technical disciplines and technical discipline / system responsible
- Ensure that deliveries are in accordance with the framework for operation and maintenance of systems and the design calculations of the individual components
- Ensure that all requirements of system standards applicable to safety, function, construction codes, regularity and capacity are considered
- Evaluate suggested technical solutions regarding design changes / modifications in consultation with technical discipline/system responsible
- Evaluate and recommend deviation from technical requirements
- Ensure that the operating and system documentation for projects are updated and available
- Participate in verifications and inspections both offshore and onshore to ensure that deliveries are in accordance with applicable requirements regarding execution, performance, regulations and other specified requirements. Short trips offshore can therefore be required
- Participate in quality assurance, such as HAZID, HAZOP etc. in conjunction with studies or implementation of projects
- MSc, BSc or similar
- Minimum five years of piping/static mechanic experience within project or modifications
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Piping (layout and design)
- Static mechanic
- 3D tools
- Good knowledge of regulations and standards within the discipline
- Solid understanding of at least one of the Scandinavian languages
- Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Safety and risk understanding
- Creative, focused and result oriented
- Overall understanding
- Structured and systematic approach
- Able to work independently, but also a good team player
- Our values are to be courageous, open, hands-on and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Statoil. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team
- Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process
- We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Statoil wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture