Controls & Data Management
FMC Technologies is the worlds largest supplier of systems and equipment for subsea oil and gas production. The demand for our systems is increasing, and we are seeking the sharpest minds to take our game-changing technology even further.
We challenge whats possible. Every day.
The System Engineer role is to be responsible for sub system solutions in national and international projects from early phase with FEEDs, conceptual studies and tenders.
- Participates in different phases of field development, conceptual studies and tenders with emphasis on the production control systems.
- Review of technical client specifications.
- Prepare optimal controls system solutions in collaboration with other departments and cooperation partners.
- Responsible for controls system tender documentation.
- Participate in tender clarification phase with customer or other FMC locations.
- Participate in project mobilization phase to ensure transition from tender to project
Preferred qualifications and personal skills
- Master or Bachelor degree in Engineering with an interest in system thinking
- Broad experience can compensate for formal education
- Typically offshore/oil & gas experience as project engineer, service engineer, technical lead or technical manager
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience
- Independent, enterprising and cooperative
- Creative, proactive and efficient
- Driven by results
- Very good communication skills in both written and spoken English
We can offer:
- An environment with high multi-discipline technical competence and good team spirit
- Challenging and independent work tasks, which gives excellent opportunities for learning and professional development in a knowledge-based international environment
- Good carrier opportunities nationally and internationally
- Possibility for shorter periods at other FMC locations internationally
- Competitive terms with good pension and insurance schemes
Work place will be Asker or Kongsberg.
For more information about the position please contact Tore Groseth tel. (+47) 952 59 864, or Isabell van Baal, HR Dept., tel. (+47) 3228 2907. Please apply online at www.fmctechnologies.com/careers within 30.09.2012.