The position belongs to the Supply Chain and reports to Director of Supply Chain. It is a strategic new addition to the Roxar organization and is currently being established to support our Global Operations Strategy. The Supply Chain organization works globally to drive supplier development and cost containment by adapting Emerson procurement processes.
- Work closely with Engineering and Development to drive procurement activities, supplier negotiation and cost projections for new product development projects
- Identify and manage cost containment projects to drive net material inflation improvement
- Negotiate procurement terms, conditions and pricing with suppliers
- Identify suppliers capable of supplying the company's product portfolio and lead the cross functional team to qualify new suppliers
- Drive data collection, metric development and analysis to measure supply chain effectiveness
- Ensure organizational compliance to defined terms and conditions
- Ensure the supply chain can support the company's compliance requirements
- Support the operation to ensure material needed to build the company's products are available when needed by the operation
- Identify and mitigate risk of part shortages due to supplier production shortages or end of life situations
- Identify and manage projects that drive supplier on-time delivery improvement
- Identify and manage projects that drive supplier quality improvement
- Identify and manage projects that drive inventory turn improvement
- Lead metric based business reviews with key suppliers
- Support the ERP implementation as necessary
- To ensure that all transactions are properly screened and recorded in accordance with the companys Trade Compliance procedures and to escalate any concerns or questions to the local Gatekeeper
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- University technical or engineering degree. Engineering preferred.
- Procurement experience in a project based work order manufacturing environment
- Experience working on new product development teams
- Demonstrated understanding of the material requirements and processes needed to support the offshore oil and gas business
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Microsoft Office experience and expertise (Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint)
- Oracle 11i or other major ERP system experience desirable
- Proficient in English
Strong analytical capabilities.
It`s all about opportunities!