Join the world leader in dynamic modelling for the oil and gas industry!
MEPO® offers an integrated optimisation technology with advanced GUI and visualization components. It supports reservoir engineers by accelerating the exploration of alternative design scenarios in a reservoir simulation process. Different design and optimization techniques are employed for modelling uncertainties, managing risk and finding optimal solutions to a design problem. MEPO® is a workflow driven, scalable optimization application which runs on laptops as well as on cluster systems. It handles thousands of reservoir simulations for both existing and planned fields.
SPT Group has an integrated, corporate development team which is located both in Hamburg, Germany and at the main office at Kjeller nearby Oslo, Norway. Due to increased interest in MEPO, SPT Group plans to extend both its development and consultancy team at Kjeller.
- The MEPO® development team is looking for a proactive and hardworking new member to contribute to current and future applications. Our team is responsible for MEPO, SPT Group's Reservoir History Matching and Forward Modelling solution, as well as other related products.
- As an engineer on the MEPO team, your responsibilities will range from developing and improving the MEPO® software solutions, to participating in pilot projects with clients. You will contribute to architectural decisions as well as development of cutting-edge applications. You'll also leverage your reservoir engineering knowledge to represent the user view in the software development process. You will work in an international environment.
- Master degree in computer science and/or reservoir engineering
- Reservoir engineering experience
- Software development experience, ideally with Java
- Min. 3 to 5+ years of professional experience
- Experience in one or more of the following is preferred:
- Project management experience
- Familiar with Scrum and Test Driven Development
- Software Design skills, with knowledge of UML and Design Patterns
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Flexible and with desire for working in a dynamic organization
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Dynamic and good working environment
- International environment
- Challenging positions in an international company in growth
- Personal and professional development
- Competitive compensation package
- Highly qualified co-workers
- Please do not hesitate to contact Fabrice Haüy or Norbert Hoyer for an informal discussion of how this opportunity may fit your background.
- To submit your application, please click the appropriate link that will take you to our online application manager.