CIPR (Centre for Integrated Petroleum Research) is the only Norwegian Centre of Excellence for petroleum research. The centre consists of an international research group with more than 100 researchers and PhDs from all over the world. CIPR also supervise more than 40 master grade students in co-operation with the University in Bergen. More information at www.uni.no/cipr
The open PhD position is affiliated with the IRIS/CIPR Petromaks project titled "Reservoir Data Assimilation For Realistic geology". The position is based in Uni CIPR, with employment in Uni Research AS.
The PhD student will enter an approved programme at the University of Bergen, leading to the degree of PhD within a time frame of three years. It is a prerequisite, however, that the formal admission requirements for the PhD programme are met before appointment can be made.
We are looking for
- Interested, ambitious and skilled students holding a master degree in Applied Mathematics, Physics, Geophysics, or Petroleum Engineering
- Candidates with strong problem-solving and communication skills, including excellent English
We can offer
- Dynamic and challenging research environment
- International work environment
- Group Pension Insurance
- Personnel Insurance Scheme
- Salary in accordance with the Civil Service pay grade table scale for PhD students; currently NOK 391 300 gross p.a.; following ordinary meriting regulations
How to apply
Please submit your application electronically before April 23, 2012 to jobbnorge.no, by using the button “Apply for this job”.
The application should be marked PhD-RDA and contain:
- curriculum vitae
- certified copies of diplomas and transcripts
- publications and other relevant work
- name, title and email address of at least two scientists willing to provide a reference
Applications which do not include all required documents, will not be considered.
Selected candidates will be invited to give a short presentation on a topic of their choice (usually Master thesis) and also an interview.
MSc students in their last term are also encouraged to apply. Appointments may be done immediately after completion of the MSc degree.
For more information please contact Dean Oliver, Uni CIPR, phone + 47 55 58 48 63, firstname.lastname@example.org.