Uni Research CIPR (Centre for Integrated Petroleum Research) is a department at Uni Research AS and conducts research within enhanced oil recovery, reservoir simulation, petroleum microbiology and geoscience.
Postdoctoral fellowship in microbial enhanced oil recovery (MEOR)
Uni Research CIPR has currently an open position as postdoctoral fellowship in microbial enhanced oil recovery (MEOR). The position is related to a research project called IMMENS (IMproving Microbial selective plugging technology through Experimentally based modelling and Simulation) funded by the Norwegian Research Council. This is a joint project involving the Porous Media group at the University of Bergen (http://www.uib.no/en/math/92156/porous-media), the Hydrogeology group at Technische Universität München (http://www.ws.chemie.tu-muenchen.de/groups/ hydrogeo/) and GOE-ip.
The main task is to perform tailored experiments at pore scale and core scale to serve as a basis for a mathematical model describing adaptive bio-plugging in porous media. Primarily, the post doc will work experimentally with micromodels, from straight capillary tubes to downscaled representations of sandstone porous media. Analysis of this work in terms of local flow velocities, physical stress and microbial growth will be a central part. The successful candidate must have a strong background in experimental work on micromodels. Knowledge of flow in porous media, fluid-fluid and fluid-rock interactions, core flooding, microfluidics, microbiology and MEOR are advantageous. The candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary team and is expected to contribute to develop new knowledge through precise work and in-depth analysis of results.
- PhD degree in chemistry, geology, physics or microbiology
- Laboratory experience with microfluidic systems and image processing
- Theoretical knowledge of flow in porous media
- High interest in experimental work
- Fluency in English, both reading and writing
- Meticulous and hard working
- Good communication and team working skills
- Structured and goal oriented
Salary and benefits
- Uni Research CIPR offers a competitive salary
- Membership in Pension Fund, which includes a good occupational pension scheme, occupational injury and group life insurance.
- Interesting and diverse work tasks at internationally leading research institutes
- The fellowship is for 2 years.
- Starting time is August-October 2016. For highly qualified applicants, starting date may be negotiated.
- The experimental work will primarily take place in Bergen, Norway, but some work and training will be performed in Munich, Germany. Specific time will depend on candidate qualifications.
How to apply
Please submit your application electronically before 31.05.2016, to jobbnorge.no, by using the button "Apply for this job". The application should be marked IMMENS-postdoc and must contain uploaded copies of:
- Covering letter detailing experience and relevant work
- Curriculum vitae
- List of publications
- Certified copies of diplomas and transcripts
- Name, title and email address of at least two people willing to provide references.
Applications that do not include all required documents or are only sent as emails to contact persons at the institute will not be considered.
Read full job advert >>