Supply Chain Manager
The Supply Chain Manager will manage, execute and coordinate supply chain activities for the Dresser-Rand Kongsberg organization. Total spend under management by this organization is approximately $400 million.
Dresser-Rand has an immediate need for a key Supply Chain Manager. We are seeking an experienced supply chain manager / procurement manager with specific program management experience from within the Oil & Gas or an engineered to order industry.
The day to day role will be working directly with wider stakeholders managing the total supply chain activities ensuring a seamless supply chain delivery and a quick scale time, quality and technically focused project to include direct interaction and with internal and external technical engineering teams and close management of the supply base and key vendors.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Accountable for overall performance and quality of the DR supply base including proactively mitigating risks to the projects and contract execution
- Responsible for driving compliance to D-R policies and standard work procedures
- Owns supplier performance and relationships; must be able to develop relationships and interface with senior level supplier representatives; including establishment of standard metrics.
- Develop, recommend, and effectively execute advanced sourcing strategies in support of complex projects;
- Drive appropriate team-based sourcing recommendations that drive total value to the project;
- Advise senior level management on comprehensive business and market intelligence data, including D-R's strategic opportunities and value-added solutions related to material quality, cost, delivery, service, technology, etc.;
- Effectively communicate progress and value to key stakeholders;
- Ensure appropriate analysis of supplier proposals is completed; may include market analysis, cost analysis, TCO analysis, make vs. buy analysis, supplier profit analysis, etc.;
- Lead key projects or initiatives that achieve deliverable and schedule commitments
- High degree of complexity; problem solving and analytical skills must be present. Greatest Challenges ¿ ensuring the organization is complying with standard purchasing practices and taking advantage of commodity management to improve costs.
- Support Category Management Strategy, participating actively in Action Plans
- Consolidate and sustain:
- GSP implementation process.
- Work sets for parts quoting
- Returning surplus project inventory to suppliers
- Bachelor¿s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Business administration, operations management or equivalent from an accredited university
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain project/program management and delivery or supply chain functional experience
- Ability to travel up to 50% internationally
- Strong business negotiations proclivity and demonstrated skills to pursue due diligence
- Working knowledge of Systems/ERP (Oracle) it is a must, order fulfillment, forecasting, supply management, supply chain activities, Make/Buy analysis.
- Exceptional communicator who can manage expectations up and down the chain.
- Proven ability to lead large scale demanding and time sensitive complex projects.
- Strong Teamwork skills; demonstrated ability and desire to influence, motivate, inspire, guide, act and challenge the process when required.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically partner with key suppliers, internal and external
- Familiarity with processes related to budgeting, standards setting, supplier performance management and supplier quality management-- including quality audits and assessments of suppliers.
- Management experience desired, must have demonstrated leadership capability
- Ability to balance workload and achieve key deliverables
- Sense of urgency, pay close attention to details and proactive behavior are mandatory
- MBA or Masters
- Six Sigma/Lean experience
- Multi-lingual (English, French preferred)
- Professional Qualifications
Online Application: [here]