Postdoc fellow (Ref. nr.: 2905714787)
Postdoc fellow 3 years - Neutronics modelling - IFE
The Physics department at IFE has as main goal to utilize the neutron beams from the JEEP II nuclear reactor at Kjeller. The research addresses hydrogen storage materials, battery materials, soft matter, magnetism and thermoelectric materials. The department has a broad collaboration with Norwegian universities and industries, and with many foreign universities and research institutes.
The Physics Department (IFE), Kjeller, Norway has a vacancy for:
A Postdoctoral fellowship for 3 years in connection with the infrastructure project "NcNeutron - Norwegian Center for Neutron Research".
The Project is a collaboration between IFE and Norwegian universities and research institutes. It focuses on building advanced neutron instrumentation in connection with the research reactor JEEP II, and is funded by the Research Council of Norway.
- Model and optimize a new neutron cold source that will be used for two instruments in NcNeutron
- Model neutron transport and shielding design in order to optimize various instruments in NcNeutron (imaging, reflectometry, small-angle scattering and general purpose setups)
- Candidates are expected to have a PhD or similar in physics, chemistry, materials science or a closely related field.
- A strong background in computer modelling is required, preferably with GEANT4, MCNPX or similar.
- Previous experience with ray-tracing packages (like McStas or Vitess) or with neutron scattering experiments/instrumentation would be beneficial.
- The evaluation of candidates will be based on scientific qualifications and ability to communicate efficiently.
- Good knowledge of the English language is essential.
- Exciting and challenging research tasks
- Participation in an internationally leading research team
- Social benefits including pension, life insurance and accident insurance
- Salary according to agreement
For online application form: [Click here]