Ship Modelling & Simulation Centre AS (SMSC) is an innovative company with international recognition within maritime simulation and simulator based training of maritime personnel. SMSC develops advanced full-scale simulators and training systems, and also undertakes project and research activities. The company's main areas of focus are offshore loading operations, crane and lifting operations, dynamic positioning, onboard training systems, operations in Arctic waters and human factors.
SMSC has 40 employees and is located in Trondheim. SMSC is owned by DNV GL AS, Teekay Norway AS, Statoil ASA, Kongsberg Maritime AS, Norwegian Shipowners Association’, Norges Sjøoffisersforbund, I.M Skaugen SE, BW Gas ASA, Det norske maskinistforbund and Buksèr og Berging AS. Read more about SMSC at www.smsc.no.
Software Development Manager
Do you have a passion for software development and leadership, and would like to work with simulation technology? Ship Modelling & Simulation Centre AS (SMSC) is looking for a Software Development Manager to join our team!
- Responsible for all aspects of the software development including software architecture, quality, performance, security and scalability
- Practice development process leveraging agile methodologies such as Scrum
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and implementation
- Provide overall development leadership and direct team in the delivery of high-quality products within the committed time-frame
- Provide mentoring and guidance to team members and promote team collaboration
- Strive to constantly improve development processes and tools
- Stay current with industry best practices and new technologies; drive an innovative culture within the organization
- Assist and advice business side of organization
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or other relevant discipline
- Minimum five years of experience in client facing product development and delivery
- Deep knowledge of the tools and technology of the trade, including C++, network communication and real-time computing
- A breadth of knowledge and experience from development processes, test methodologies and quality assurance tools
- A solid understanding of what it takes to write robust performant code
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Norwegian
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple and competing responsibilities
- The ability to interact, communicate and manage relationships with all levels of management, external clients, software developers and user groups
- Understand business needs and processes; identify solutions and guide organization in identifying best solutions
- Focused on quality and customer satisfaction
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and self-driven
- Quick learner of processes, new technologies and tools
- A background from the offshore or simulation industry is an advantage, but not a prerequisite
- An exciting position in an international working environment
- The opportunity to be part of a dynamic and skilled team
- Competitive terms and conditions
- Good insurance, welfare and pension schemes
If you are interested in this position, we would like to welcome your application! Please mark your application with the job title. All applications and inquiries will be treated confidentially.
Apply to the position here.