Ship Modelling & Simulation Centre AS (SMSC) is an innovative company with international recognition within maritime simulation and simulator based training of maritime personnel. SMSC develops advanced full-scale simulators and training systems, and also undertakes project and research activities. The company's main areas of focus are offshore loading operations, crane and lifting operations, dynamic positioning, onboard training systems, operations in Arctic waters and human factors.
SMSC has 40 employees and is located in Trondheim. SMSC is owned by DNV GL AS, Teekay Norway AS, Statoil ASA, Kongsberg Maritime AS, Norwegian Shipowners Association’, Norges Sjøoffisersforbund, I.M Skaugen SE, BW Gas ASA, Det norske maskinistforbund and Buksèr og Berging AS. Read more about SMSC at www.smsc.no
Senior Software Developer
Do you have a passion for software development, and would like to work with simulation technology? Ship Modelling & Simulation Centre AS (SMSC) is looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our team!
- Produce high quality software in a timely manner
- Practice development process leveraging agile methodologies such as Scrum
- Collaborate with the team to deliver challenging projects and resolve complex issues from initiation to resolution
- Stay current with technology and improve technical knowledge and capability within the team
- Share best practices and standards with other team members
- Participate and contribute in all aspects of the software development process including design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and maintenance
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or other relevant discipline
- Minimum five years of experience in client facing product development and delivery
- Proven proficiency with C++, network communication and real-time computing
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal, facilitation and motivational skills
- Knowledge and experience from development processes, test methodologies and quality assurance tools
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Norwegian
- Experience from working with 3d pipelines, game engines and/or physics engines
- Must be focused with the ability to work independently and in teams
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Quick learner of processes, new technologies and tools
- Focused on quality and customer satisfaction
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple and competing responsibilities
- A background from the offshore or simulation industry is an advantage, but not a a prerequisite
- An exciting position in an international working environment
- The opportunity to be part of a dynamic and skilled team
- Competitive terms and conditions
- Good insurance, welfare and pension schemes
If you are interested in this position, we would like to welcome your application! Please mark your application with the job title. All applications and inquiries will be treated confidentially.
Apply to the position here.