We have an exceptionally exciting opportunity for a Legal Counsel in Norway with a focus on commercial and marine law. You will join the Marine legal team as part of a busy international legal function that works closely with the business and other corporate functions. While your main focus will be all parts of the Marine business, you will also on occasion support the wider Rolls-Royce Group. This role will be reporting to Chief Counsel - Marine.
The Rolls-Royce legal function has a presence in the UK, Germany, Norway, USA, Canada, Singapore, China and Brazil. Rolls-Royce lawyers undertake a broad range of corporate and commercial legal matters across a variety of jurisdictions such as M&A, joint ventures, commercial agreements, competition law, employment law, health, safety and environmental law, regulatory matters and dispute resolution.
Various degrees of travel in-country and internationally must be expected.
Now is your chance to be a part of a prestigious worldwide company and add to its excellence.
Working as a Legal Counsel your main duties/responsibilities will be:
- Delivering high quality, timely, cost effective and practical legal advice in order to maintain the stellar reputation of this company.
- Developing strong working relationships with colleagues around Rolls-Royce to ensure legal advice is relevant and effective.
- Managing the engagement of external law firms.
- Participating in the development and implementation of policy, procedure and know-how in the legal function and elsewhere in the business.
- Conducting and arranging internal legal training to colleagues in the Legal Function and throughout the business to help grow the knowledge of your fellow colleagues.
- Advising on a broad range of legal topics including wider corporate and commercial law matters, contract law, claims / product liability issues, employment contracts and policy IPR, litigation and business change.
- Working with other internal advisory functions (for example compliance, export control, intellectual property, product safety, insurance, HR and tax experts) to provide commercially relevant advice.
- Qualified lawyer in Norway with strong academic results.
- Extensive experience from working with commercial law.
- Ability to work in high pace environment and with complex interfaces.
- High proficiency in written and oral English.
- Experience from large, multi-national corporate environments is preferred.
- Experience from working with international business law and knowledge of the Marine market is preferred.
Experience advising on:
- Commercial relations
- Corporate law
- Claims, torts and product liability issues
- IPR issues
- Disputes and litigation
HR law and employment policy
- Cross-border matters
- Competitive salary and benefit packages.
- Good development opportunities in an international environment.
- Bonus scheme.
- Flexible work hour- s agreement and holiday arrangements.
- Good pension and insurance schemes.
- Offers of share savings program.
- Extended scheme for compassionate leave.
Work location: Ålesund or Bergen. Other locations can be considered for the exceptionally qualified candidate.
The professional level and the compensation package of the position will be dependent on the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
For more information, contact Anders Godø, Recruitment Manager on +47 990 46 924, or Nicholas Sayer, Chief Counsel - Marine on + 47 932 00 543. Initial contact will be handled confidentially.
At Rolls-Royce, we are a global leader in integrated marine power and propulsion systems with over 4,000 customers. Our product range and vessel design capabilities enable us to bring the right products together when integrating sophisticated systems into complex ships. We offer the world's largest portfolio of marine products and systems from a single supplier, ranging from gas turbines and diesel & gas engines, through to propellers, thrusters, water jets, deck machinery, automation and control systems, and even the captain's chair.
Jobb - Legal & Compliance
Sted - Norge
Arbeidstid - Heltid
Apply to the position electronically via this page.