Marketing Research Analyst
Opera Software crafts products and services that connect 350 million people to the Internet, and is one of Europe’s top consumer Internet companies.
Our Consumer Marketing team seeks a curious, analytical and ambitious self-starter to be our go-to-person for insights globally, with a special focus on large, fast-growing markets such as India, Indonesia, Russia, South Africa, Nigeria and Brazil.
As a Marketing Research Analyst, you will be responsible for conducting and coordinating research activities to enhance our understanding of consumers, as well as sharing this knowledge across the organization.
You’ll work closely with Marketing Managers, Product Managers and Corporate Development, both at HQ and globally.
This role reports to the VP Global Marketing & Distribution in Oslo.
- Understand needs for consumer/user insights, and advise on appropriate research designs.
- Design and implement quantitative studies on Opera users, collect data, analyze results and assess their implications.
- Manage our relationships with external research agencies; brief on Opera’s research needs and ensure good understanding of each part’s role and objectives, as well as quality in data collection and analysis.
- Communicate research findings to all relevant stakeholders and be comfortable reporting to all levels and functions in the organization.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field (Marketing or Market Research)
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- 5-7 years’ experience in market research, either on agency or client side
- Excellent quantitative skills
- Proficiency in SPSS
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Solid project management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Ability and desire to travel internationally
Ideal job requirements
- Fluency in additional international languages
- Proficiency in R and/or Python
Apply online here